Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Dinner Post
















I've decided to caption with ingredients this time. The bacon was precooked, that is I oven cooked an entire package of bacon over the weekend because it'll keep longer and I'd otherwise take forever to eat a package of bacon and then it goes bad. Precooked won't spoil as fast. Or at least that is my theory. Why blue cheese AND gorganzola? Because my friend got me a piece of blue cheese and I was gonna use the whole lot of it but it's very good so I think I'll pick up some baby spinach tommorrow and make a salad with it. And walnuts. Yum~! I started this one off by browning onions in olive oil and salt. {Cooking Snob Alert!} Speaking of olive oil, shouldn't it be a given that it's extra virgin? That Rachel Ray girl on TV has to have this saying, E.V.O.O. like her olive oil would be any but extra virgin? I don't think I've ever even seen anyone cooking with regular olive oil. myeh. oh well. Anyways, add some defrosted and relatively dry peas and carrots, and then a bit later, add the bacon and cheeses. Oh yeah, I forgot that I put some small pieces of banana in with the onions. Why? Because I was eating a banana and I'm an impulsive person. It was just a little bit off the bottom. 4 small pieces about the sizes of whole black peppercorn. So when the cheese is getting goopy, I add some cream to pull the flavors together. Wait a sec. Toss in the already done Campanelle pasta. Mix. Remove from heat. Sprinkle a little more olive oil (you know the kind) right at the end. Mix. Serve in a warm dish.
















Rachel Ray also says "Yum-Oh!" which is ok. It'd be more funny (but make less sense) if she was say "Yugi-Oh!" or "I'm so drunk!" Mm :-/ I guess the latter would actually be kinda sad.

















What's this? In an effort to be more organized, I have set up a personal Wiki for myself. It just has random notes and stuff. It's handy because you can put up images much like a blog and have links all over to all your pages and it's also only on my computer. What is OTG? I guess it's a temporary title for a comic I want to write. When I was a young kid, I wanted to be a video game maker, which I am now. When I was a teenagers, I wanted to be a comic book artist, so call it early preparation. I think it'll be fun. Anyways, there is NOTHING in there at the moment. I have hand written notes scattered about that I will slowly compile. And Cube, that's just a game idea I did back in school. I'm going to try and organize it a bit just to see what it looks like. This is the most writing I've done in my blog in probably over a year. Kinda fun. Maybe I will write more next time.

3 comments:

Gabe said...

When I just saute something where the olive oil flavor doesn't really matter or need to play a role in the dish, I just use regular O.O. It's cheaper that way ('cause I'm Chinese).

pr.shaolin said...

Hey, that's looks yummy, I have to stop coming here when I am hungry...

PEDANTRY alert (that's one up on you food snobs): As far as I recall, Italians (and I don't mean that Rachel Ray chick) have always said that you cook with mild olive oil (i.e., anything that gets really hot on a stove) and seaon with extra virgin olive oil. Somethign about the consistency changing with heat. Maybe you can check with Deda on this... Well, that's waht they've always told me: NO FREAKING PARMESEAN CHEESE ON SEAFOOD PASTA and USE MILD OO FOR FRYING, COOKING, ETC.!!! Speaking of, am in the middle of looking for summer rental in Venice so will elt you know on guest room options soon...

Nat Loh said...

So my story is, I only buy one bottle of olive oil at a time. When I went to Deda's place (when she was in the USA), she also only had one thing of olive oil (as I recall); it was just a very big one. so by "thing", I mean 4 liter gerry can. yes, no cheese with seafood. If I was more CCM like Chong, I'd be using the two different types.