Sunday, January 21, 2007

Oh hey, It's Sunday! Eek.
















In the continuation of Soup Week (a week which only spans 4 days), I've adventured to prepare this Fish Soup. It's quite good. I didn't use so much salt because I don't like such salty soups. If you like salt, you can add it yourself afterwards. This one was roughly based off a recipe from my Korean cookbook. Crushed/Minced garlic is cooked in Sesame oil (which I usually never use to cook). Cut Daikons are added and cooked for some 4 minutes. 4 cups of water. then I'm slowly adding ingredients because I don't prepare them all before hand. Includes small cut pieces of halibut (original recipe calls for cod but the butt works great!), tofu cubes (my addition), and since I couldn't get any watercress at the local produce yesterday (which would have been so good in the soup) I used chinese white cabbage which works well but just isn't as sexy as watercress. Green onions and carrots added in the end for some color. A dash of soy, sake, and pepper, a bit of salt. Hot pepper if you want but i didn't want to mask the flavor on my first try.
















TA-DA





















I've also started playing Star Control 2, the space opus my bosses made back in 1992 and on just about every "All-time Best Games EVER" lists. Quite fun and the dialogue is most amusing. "Greetings and various apropos felicitations!"

No comments: