Sunday, March 25, 2007

Turtle Power





















As a child of the 80's, much of my adolescent life was consumed with G.I. Joe, Transformers, and Ninja Turtles. And while I refuse to watch the abomination that is the live action Transformers movie, I sort of had to see this one. I heard it got some bad reviews but it was probably because those reviewers must not have been avid turtles fans. There's no Shredder because this story takes place AFTER his death. I'm sure they'll just revive him anyways but yeah, if you've ever read the comic you'd know he's dead. I wish I saw some cool teamwork in the end (since that seemed to be a theme expressed throughout the first half of the movie) and the action in the last scene was a bit all over but overall I thought it was a good flick involving the green gang.
















I think this place is called Out the Door. Something like that. Some Fusiony restaurant in the bottom corner of the Westfield Mall (basement level). It was kinda nice decor without being too "pretentious" was the word we used.
















Caramelized Shrimp
















Sole Vermicelli
















5-spice Chicken Vermicelli
















And then Kev and I a stopped by Beard Papa for some cream puff desserts.
















Kevin loves chocolate. They were good but I think Genevieve over-hyped them. One is just enough. Afterwards, I snuck into Bristol Farms Market and pilfered some free samples of cheese to even out the massive amounts of sugar in my mouth. They had some really good American cheese in there but I guess any cheese from America can be called "American." It was kinda like Parmasean cheese.
















The original plan was to meet at my place first and place some TMNT arcade on the Xbox360 to get all ready for the movie.
















But for whatever miscommunicated reason, that didn't happen. We did end up at my place, played some cards, watched (in the background) Fight Club. I love that movie. Lots of great lines. And with that, I've met my new restaurant quota for the month. What will April bring?

No comments: