Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Sloppy Pasta
















This had potential. My goals for this dish were to enhance the mushroomy flavors of the sauce. Normally I peel my mushrooms when I cook them and while I still did that this time, I didn't throw away the peels which have a lot of the mushroomy aroma. Instead I washed them and boiled them in a little bit of water to extract the mushroom flavor. Also, when I cooked the mushrooms, I added the escaping juices to that concoction. Finally I blended it. With some guyere. Why? I dunno. It seemed like a good idea. Mistake #1. 2 and 3 were I used milk instead of creme for the sauce base. Unless you have powdered dry cheese, I don't think plain milk will hold the cheese too well. Well, maybe if you heat the milk first and then melt the cheese in. Anyways. I didn't do ANY of those things PLUS mistake #4 was I was too eager to use up the remaining milk I had left so not only was there clumpy cheese, but it was too runny. Despite all my extra milk, the mushroomy flavor come through so I'm quite encouraged with that respect. I wonder if the flavor will hold up to a bechemal...

No comments: