Sunday, June 08, 2008

San Francisco Contemporary Jewish Museum
















Twas their Grand Opening. And twas FREE! Thus(ly), the line was long to get in but it moved rather quickly. Didn't take more than 5 minutes to get in.
























Artsy Stair well. Except it's not a well.





















Inside the Cube. They had a sound exhibit in here were music composed from various (Jewish?) artist (including Lou Reed) played. Each piece was inspired by a letter of the Hebrew Alephbet.





































Cube from outside with gift shop at base. These are all the pics I took. I could take any inside the main gallery area and wasn't feeling up for ninja photography. Pretty cool. I spent the most time watching a documentary of sorts where a bunch of academics talked about how the book of Genesis not only fits but complements modern day science. I like the indirect dig at "Intelligent" Design. I think the best scientific point brought up is that if God made the world in 7 days, before he made the earth and sun, how did he ever measure one day? To that, a rabbi made this joke.

Man: God, how long is a 100 million years to you?
God: Ah, but a minute.
Man: God, how much is 100 million dollars to you?
God: Ah, but a penny.
Man: God, will you loan me a penny?
God: Of course! Just give me a minute...

No comments: