Sunday, January 18, 2009

Chicken Noodle Soup
















Remember that chicken we salvaged from the chicken bones? Well I have to figure out a good way to flavor them. Probably soaking them in some magical solution of soy and sake and maybe some vinegar.
















Add some noodles. I like to use Maruudon which is not as thick as regular udon noodles.
















Add chicken soup. Some final Iron Chef flair I skipped because I had neither would be to add a bunch of chopped scallion greens on top and then heat peanut oil till it begins to smoke and then pour the oil over the scallions. Morimoto has a Chicken Noodle Soup recipe but it's super complicated involving boiling a chicken, preparing Shanton Broth (which I have) and a Ramen soup base (which I have not). It's pretty much, add some Ramen base to the serving bowl, add noodles and chicken, pour broth, do scallion and peanut oil thing. Interesting because it doesn't use chicken soup. It's just Chicken + Noodle + Soup.

No comments: