Friday, February 06, 2009

Gabe vs. San Francisco
















Gabe in town. Manora's Thai Cuisine. Hadn't been there in a while.
















Soft shell crab appetizer.
















Duck Curry
















I ordered this "thai crispy noodle." Maybe a Thai friend can tell me more about this dish because it was a bit... odd? Mostly because it was served at room temperature. Mee Grobb.





















I call this Gabe's "Jet Li Look"
















"Siam Gems" Tapioca (dyed red I guess) with Water Chestnut inside of them in a soupy thing? I think w/ coconut milk, sea coconut, and crushed ice. Interesting thing for Gabe to try. The meal itself was ok. The Mee Grobb was a bit weird. Well, we can go to Khan Toke next time where he might see some amusing service there.





















Was it buyer's remorse? Gabe feeds his second stomach with Yakitori and beer at HALU.

1 comment:

bittermelon said...

god you should've just taken him to halu in the first place. and gotten shishito peppers, okonomiyaki, and did they have their green beans in walnut miso paste? that is definitely my standby restaurant.