Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wondercon 09





















Welcome to Wondercon. One the way into the convention hall, I saw Batman except Batman's cape was made of crush velvet. Crime fighting with a touch of sophistication? The best costume I saw was probably also on the way in. There was I think it was a girl (don't remember, not androgynous) who was dressed up as Bleach Espada character Ulquiorra Schiffer. It might have been this dude on the left. So probably it was a guy. Although I think the one I saw weathered his clothing or something to make it look cooler. The head piece was definitely painted like in the picture to make it look cool. This miniture Bumblebee transformer dude was pretty cool, until he started talking. Talk about lack of commitment to the character.
















Jeep selling his book Fish.
















Firefly's Jane. a.k.a. Adam Baldwin (not a Baldwin brother) drew a big line.
















Former Shabans, Jospeh Wong (writer) and Genevieve Tsai (art) debut their comic. Naked chicks and meat on the bone = well thought out comic convention hook.
















Sergio and Sho of Maverix.
















Some henchmen.
















The adorable Felicia Day. I only know her from Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog. I guess she was once a character on Buffy.
















And Jim Lee was my childhood hero circa ages 12-13.

No comments: